Sunday, August 29, 2010

Duke's Festival: Hawaii Paddleboard Champs 2010


A tough Hawaii Kai to Waikiki Course yesterday!




Standups & traditional paddleboards battled small, short-interval bumps across Maunalua Bay and through Queen's surf break to finish at the Duke statue.

Always a great end to the summer, this year's race was also a lot of fun, even if conditions weren't optimal.

I set up a mini-race with Riggs Napoleon, joking that I would get to keep his new hat if I beat him... guess I should have kept my mouth shut and not talked so much stink when I passed him 1/2 way, cuz he came back to take me and cruised through an inside line around Diamond Head that put him a whopping 2 minutes ahead of me.... it was a defeat but also fun to race him. I am so in awe of the entire Napolean family and happy to see Nappy, Aaron, Sepa, Riggs, Joey all racing. 3 generations kicking butt and having fun!

Here are the full results:

No comments:

Post a Comment