Thursday, July 23, 2009

Molokai Race to Heal

3 days to go 'til 2009 Molokai Pboard channel race - we had a fabulous press conference, pre-race dinner hosted by Maui Jims and a fun registration get-together last night.




Here are links to the KHNL News 8 story (I think there was more live on TV as I'm told I talked quite a bit!) and here is a link to a write up and online video in the Honolulu Advertiser newspaper. Always nice when they help me do my job of integrating marine science in daily life. Gotta love it!

And for more on the pink board saga.... it rests safely at the repair shop. It's not done getting fixed yet, but that's okay as I've decided to go with the yellow Bark board I paddled last year (which rocks!). It has a bit less rocker and an easier entry into waves, which will be good for the channel as we're setting up for seas with lower wave height and pretty short periods - the forecast is for some light to moderate winds with an ebbing tide and a SW swell pushing against us.

No comments:

Post a Comment